December 27, 2017
This hearty breakfast is delicious and satisfying; perfect for a cold winter’s morning. The fiber will nourish your microbiome, as the healthy fats heal your gut wall and feed your brain. The microbiome super spice cinnamon balances your blood sugar and reduces inflammation.
Quinoa with Pear, Blueberries, and Almonds (1 SERVING)
- 1 teaspoon clarified pasture-raised butter or ghee
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup ripe pear, cored and diced into large pieces.
- 1 teaspoon chopped raw almonds
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Place the butter, quinoa, water, coconut oil, cinnamon stick, nut- meg, and ginger in a small saucepan and stir. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and pear and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and sprinkle with the nuts, blueberries, and ground cinnamon.